Sunday, January 30, 2011

Transfer Complete!

Yesterday was transfer day! We were scheduled for 12:15. The drive in was a breeze since it was a Saturday. I was anxious to find out how many embryos made it to freeze. Since we were a little early (and hungry) we stopped at McDonald's to grab a quick bite. It wasn't the healthiest choice, but we were pressed for time. My rational, haha. Once we arrived, I emptied by bladder and proceeded to drink ten ounces of water. I was hoping the water made it into my bladder before the transfer!

They took us shortly after we arrived. They introduced me to a nurse and the Dr. who were going to be doing my transfer. They told me that 20 embies made it to freeze! I was beyond excited with that number. I know of those 20, 12 were the highest grade. 6 were the next grade down and the other four I'm not sure. 4 were not high enough quality to freeze. Of the twenty two they put they two best back. The transfer was so easy. It was so cool to meet the embryologist. She said we've been keeping her busy! :) After they transferred two back, they checked the catheter to make sure none were left and they sent us on our way. I was so careful getting dressed. I was paranoid that the embryos could somehow get knocked out of place.

Now that they're in, all we can do it wait. Wait and stare obsessively at the picture they gave us of our two little balls of cells. I'm praying one or both are healthy, they implant and continue to grow. I'm praying if they do implant, they are in the right place and not in my tubes. I can't get too hung up in worrying. I just have to hope for the best. The next two weeks are going to draaaaaaaaag!!

No comments:

Post a Comment